Singapore Arrival!!!

I caught a night flight out of Bali at around 11 PM and arrived in Singapore around 3 AM. When I got off the plane, I was so flustered from exhaustion that I ended up almost not finding my passport which was hidden away in my personal book-bag. Imagine if I had lost my passport before even entering the country! That would have been the worst case possible! After getting through Immigration & Customs, it was still really early in the morning and check into my dorm room wasn’t until 8:30 AM. So, I just wandered around until I find a place to lay down in the airport and take a quick power nap to recharge since I couldn’t really do anything until the morning.

I woke up around 8 to get ready to leave the airport and prepare for my journey to Nanyang Technological University (NTU). It was quite early so the airport wasn’t really crowded so I decided to check out the Jewel. Why else would anyone walk around the best airport in the world?? However, when I arrived the waterfall wasn’t running because of maintenance which was extremely disappointing. I guess I will just have to wait until my flight home to get some pictures with the Jewel and really get the full experience. Anyway, I still explored the airport but most of the attractions like the Garden and other things weren’t open yet and I didn’t really have time to stick around to wait for them. So I headed for the exit and called a Grab which took me to my Hall so that I could check-in. The train ride there would’ve been such a hassle (it was around 90 minutes travel time) compared to a Grab because that only took around 40 minutes. It would’ve been really annoying to carry luggage and transfer it around too so I just decided to pay up for Grab (which is like Uber for Southeast Asia).

I arrived at my hall at around 10 AM and got lost trying to find the office but thankfully there was another exchange student that was getting out of her Grab and was trying to check-in too. We eventually found it but it was way harder than I expected because there weren’t really any signs! Anyway, stay tuned for the rest of my arrival and check-in experience into NTU!

%d bloggers like this: